Mission, Vision and Objectives
To enhance and promote the role of Technical Assessments of innovative and non-standardised systems and products in the construction field worldwide and to develop the mutual confidence on technical assessments made by its members.
To become the world network for co-ordinating and facilitating innovation assessment in the construction field.
- To facilitate the transfer of national products to the global marketplace through the acceptance of technical assessments of innovative and non-standardised building and construction products and processes delivered by its members.
- To create awareness and understanding of technical assessment both locally and worldwide and to encourage the use of technical assessment organisations by designers, owners, manufacturers, contractors and regulators.
- To establish a common understanding of member country technical assessment requirements to minimise duplication of efforts and to establish guidelines of mutual exchange of assessments criteria for product introduction into the global marketplace.
- To promote co-operation and the free exchange of information between members.
- To encourage all existing Technical Assessment Organisations that fulfill the membership criteria to voluntary join.
- To foster the development of Technical Assessment Organisations in countries where they do not exist.
- To provide a network to facilitate manufacturers to understand and use Technical Assessment Organisations within the various member countries.